Jerusalem Prayer List June 28, 2018
The reading of Parashat Balak (Numbers 22:2 – 25:9) is the portion that teaches us that if the LORD wants He can make a Jack-Ass into a prophet. This portion of the Torah starts with a statement of Balak King of Moab that interests me greatly. Balak King of Moab says:
“Now Balak the son of Zippor saw all that Israel had done to the Amorites. And Moab was exceedingly afraid of the people because they were many, and Moab was sick with dread because of the children of Israel.” (Num 22:2–3 NKJV)
The big question is why should Balak the King of Moab be afraid of Israel. There are a few reasons that we could glean from the Word of God.
- Here in this text Balak is afraid of Israel because they are many. Yes, Israel was a formidable force coming out of the Sinai Desert and sweeping the land. However, Israel was a not a militant force. The people of Israel were not a real threat to the nations living in the Land of Canaan.
- In Numbers 20:20 – “Now Moses sent messengers from Kadesh to the king of Edom. “Thus says your brother Israel,”. Moses promised the King of Edom to follow the international high-way, The King’s Highway. Moses promised to pay for any thing that the people would use why passing the land of Moab. The response the King of Moab was, “You shall not pass through my land, lest I come out against you with the sword.”
- The Children of Israel promised to pay for the water that they drink and for the water that their animals drink while crossing the land of Moab. However, the response of Moab was harsh and selfish and it came with a threat of war and annihilation: “You shall not pass through.” “So Edom came out against them with many men and with a strong hand. Thus Edom refused to give Israel passage through his territory; so Israel turned away from him.” (Numbers 20:-20-21)
- Later the same situation came about with the King of Amon and King of Edom and King of Amon, asking the same favor and actually international right to pass through the highway, but they all refused and did not act neighborly and started to war against Israel. Here is what the Word of God says: “Then Israel sent messengers to the king of Edom, saying, “Please let me pass through your land.” But the king of Edom would not heed. And in like manner they sent to the king of Moab, but he would not consent. So Israel remained in Kadesh. And they went along through the wilderness and bypassed the land of Edom and the land of Moab, came to the east side of the land of Moab, and encamped on the other side of the Arnon. But they did not enter the border of Moab, for the Arnon was the border of Moab. Then Israel sent messengers to Sihon king of the Amorites, king of Heshbon; and Israel said to him, “Please let us pass through your land into our place.” But Sihon did not trust Israel to pass through his territory. So Sihon gathered all his people together, encamped in Jahaz, and fought against Israel.” (Judg 11:17–20)
What can we learn from these historical events:
- Much of the anti-Jewish sentiments that the nations have evolve from two factors:
- Fear of the success and ability of the Jewish people to survive and to come out victorious even from the most difficult circumstances. Like World War II and the Nazi Holocaust. Not only did the Nazi plan fail, but the remnant of the Jews arose from the ashes of the death camps in Europe and built a country that is a rose blossoming in the wilderness both in reality and also internationally.
- Jealousy of many nations of Israel’s success, Israel’s agriculture, Israel’s Hi-Tech breakthroughs. In the last 12 months Israel High Tech Companies have had exits and were purchased by the Giants of the Industry Google and Intel for more than 19 billion dollars. This jealousy can be seen in the Torah portion of Balak and so can the fear of Israel can be understood by reading the first verses of the Parasha: “Now Balak the son of Zippor saw all that Israel had done to the Amorites. And Moab was exceedingly afraid of the people because they were many, and Moab was sick with dread because of the children of Israel.” (Num 22:2–3 NKJV)
- The wise thing for King Balak of Moab would have been to Learn from the mistakes of the Amorites and the Edomites and allow Israel to pass peacefully and pay for the water that they used and for the passing through. This would have made Balak a friend and would have given him the privilege of enjoying the blessing that God gave to Abraham: “I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” (Gen 12:2–3 NKJV)
- In all this there is a lesson for the nations that oppress Israel and terrorize Israel today. The Psalmist asks the following questions: “Why do the nations rage, And the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, And the rulers take counsel together, Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying, “Let us break Their bonds in pieces And cast away Their cords from us.” “He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; The Lord shall hold them in derision. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, And distress them in His deep displeasure:” (Psa 2:1–5)
I pray for the leaders of the Arab nations to wake up and learn from History and for Israel to do the same. The formula is simple. If we do the Lord’s will and keep His commandments not those that were made up by man and oppress the people, not the commandments that are kept by tradition, but those that ought to be kept with the heart. The Lord will bless Israel and all who have attached themselves to Israel by faith in Yeshua the King of the Jews. The Arab nations will see the Grace of God and repent of their iniquity and hate against Israel. This hate is as old as the Bible and as Isaac and Ishmael and as Jacob and Esau, it has to end sometime, and it will end.
Please continue to pray for Israel – the Situation in Gaza is just atrocious. On the one hand every one can understand the terrible predicament that the people of Gaza live in. There is no work and no commodities and electricity comes on and off and the boarders are closed most of the time, both by Egypt and by Israel. This of course is not an excuse to commit terrible terrorist activities and burn fields and use women and children as human shields. The best for the Arabs and the Palestinians is to learn from history and from the Bible and don’t commit the same mistakes that their forefathers committed for the last thousands of Years. Learn from God’s promises to Abraham! This principle is also true for the Jewish people. Therefore it is important to pray for Israel and the Palestinians.Israel is on the verge of another war with the Hamas in Gaza and prayer is essential and very important. We don’t want to have casualties on our side and nor do we want to see casualties on the Gaza side. This is why Israel has been extremely patient and absorbing terrorist activities, rockets, and vandalism every day and every night. If there is no divine intervention very soon another war with Gaza will break out and the casualties this time will be much bigger on both sides. Prayer is the weapon of choice for all disciples of Yeshua in this war that is both physical and spiritual.
Please pray especially for Ruby – we have been praying for her for many years, but not her health situation has some complications and she is waiting for results that are very precarious. Lift Ruby up in your prayers and ask the Almighty God to have mercy and show the grace of His healing power to this servant of God.
The challenges of Netivyah are only growing because the opportunities and needs are growing. For this reason we ask you all to pray and seek the Lord in prayer of ways to bless Israel both physically and spiritually through this important service – Netivyah Bible Instruction Ministry. The reason that I say only “Bible Instruction Ministry” is because we believe that instruction through deeds like feeding the poor of Jerusalem, and blessing the Body of the Messiah in Israel with supporting the young students in all of Israel’s institutions of higher education are not only good deeds but they are actually Bible Instructions through actions.
Please continue to ask you to pray for Marcia my wife and her health, her pain from the Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetic, and some memory issues.
Pray for a very fine young lady Gabriela. She is now back home and struggling to feel better. Continue to pray for her, please!
I have a special prayer request for a very young Lion from the Huch family in DFW that has been diagnosed with Leukemia. The baby is just a few months old and we all must mobilize to pray for this baby and for the whole Huch family. This family and especially the grandfather and grandmother of this baby and his father and mother are a great blessing for Israel and for Netivyah. On this ground I ask you all to lift up this baby and intercede before the Lord for his healing.
We had good fellowship with our dear brother Hillel in Finland. Hillel covets your prayers for him and seeks God for direction and a clear calling and wisdom to make good choices and establish his life in the Lord and for the Lord.
Pray for Patty, Andrea and Tineke are all in Netherlands and need healing from God.
Pray for healing of Barry R. from Tiberias he had a stroke and is in the process of rehabilitation now. Our brother Barry R. has not been able to work for the last few months because of the stroke.
Continue to Pray for Julia and Victor our dear sister and brother who both need healing and God’s help.
Please keep praying for a dear sister named Zhou Wenrilan living in China.
Keep praying for the planned conference in Portugal in May 2019. This conference is to awaken governments and the world attention and press for the Restoration of the Anussim (Marranos) both spiritually and physically to their naturals home. I can’t tell you how important this event is for the people of Israel and for the millions of Anussim (Marrano) Jews around the world.
Please keep praying for my daughter Danah and granddaughter Noaam and their health and strength and provision. They are so wonderful and need so much help from God and so much strength. May the Lord God of Israel in the name of Yeshua help them. The suffering is so long and so intense. I believe that it is time for the Lord to hear our prayers.
Please praying for Alexandra, a young lady, a new bride. We are seeking the LORD’s blessing for Alexandra and husband in healing and strength.
Margareta is a dear Jewish sister who needs deliverance and healing. Pray for Um Abu-Eid is a dear old Arab sister. Please pray for her healing and strength. The list is still the same Bida, George, Gary, Melanie, Aharon, Yuri Marianenko, Sarit, Ahuva, Leah, Ilana, Miraim, Yehuda H., David Stern, Paulo, Noami, Tim Tucker, Anne-Mirjami, Satu-Maria and Anna-Majia, Sinni Tuuli, Erki and Sirpa, Keijo and Salme, Evelina, Eva H., Horace and June Marcia’s father and mother, Marcelo’s parents. Curita Sensei, the Abe family, Toru, Takeo Sensei, Daisuke Sensei, Tomoko San, Sadako San, Yumi and her husband, and her family in Okinawa.
Please pray for Louisa and Tony in Hong Kong. Louisa is a dear sister who needs healing from Cancer and Tony is a dear brother who needs healing emotionally and generally in his life and business.
I have special concern for our dear brother Goh and his family, and for Sister Christy, Sister Laurel, and for Brother Michael Knezevich. I have a special request from a brother Moshe Daniel from Kenya for his ministry and for the brothers in Kenya.
Please pray Ritva Huhtala and for sister Oksanen they need prayer for illness.
God bless and keep HIS promises to Abraham and bless all those who bless the Children of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Keep you all healthy, blessed, and happy in all that the Lord is doing for you and for the world around you!
There are others that you know and I know that need the Lord’s blessings and mercy. Please pray for them.
Please don’t forget to pray that the Lord will inspire some of you to contribute especially for a new van for Netivyah. This van has been with us since 2003 and it has served well the Soup Kitchen and the youth and guests and every Sabbath many people use this van to bring old people to our worship service and take them home. We need a new van to be able to continue these good deeds and we ask you to pray and help!
Now is the time to seriously pray for the Peace of Jerusalem and believe in God’s promises!