By Joseph Shulam – From Vaasa, Finland
This week the City of Tel-Aviv has again experienced a bloody terrorist attack. In renovated Sharona neighborhood that has become a kind of exclusive shopping area that is located not very far from Israel’s Ministry of Defense two 21 years old terrorists attached the peaceful public in the Max Brenner Restaurant. Four people were killed and several were wounded in this Hamas inspired and directed terrorist attack. The two terrorists were cousins from the village of Yata near the ancient city of Hebron. They were young, hansom, well dressed in black suites and white shirts, black ties, and they were deadly. One was an engineering student with excellent grades and could have had a bright future. The other one was also successful. They entered the restaurant sat down like normal people, ordered something to eat and to drink, and before the order arrived the pulled out their guns and started to shoot people indiscriminately. They killed four civilians, and wounded eleven people. A security guard wounded one of the terrorists, and the other was captured alive. During the night Israeli Special Forces entered the village of Yata and arrested several members of the same family. The village was cordoned and there is no one coming out or coming in until the investigation of Israel’s security forces is complete. The question always arises in my mind: What would motivate seemingly intelligent and educated people to put their lives in danger and in total disarray just for the purpose of killing a few Jews?
You think of the potential that these young men could have had. The one could have been an engineer that would be married and have a family and bring up the next generation of educated and successful “Palestinians.” He could have contributed to the “Palestinian” society some beneficial invention, or built bridges or designed industrial projects. God knows that the “Palestinians” need industry and engineers that would bless their brothers in Judea and Samaria and in Gaza. In place of becoming someone who for years would contribute to his own people and bring honour to his family now he is critically wounded and probably will not survive and if he survives as an invalid he will wish he was dead after the Israeli security forces finish questioning him.
Let me take a minute of your time and try to understand what are some of the things that motivate such people with wonderful potential to go and kill Jews with the knowledge that they will destroy their lives, and the lives of their families.
Here is a short list that I have put together. The list is in the order of importance.
1. Hate. You have to hate so much that you are blinded by it and are not able to judge the consequences of your action for yourself and for your family.
2. Religious motivation based on racism and irrational ideas.
3. Someone who motivates the terrorist with false hopes and deceptive idolatry and promises eternal life with 72 virgins in Heaven. The idolatry of terrorism, all terrorism, is that you are convinced yourself or by some unscrupulous cleric that your terrorist act is going to be for you and your people a great blessing and bring you closer to God.
4. You are motivated to think that you are acting as God for God’s sake. What you are going to do by killing Jews or Christians or the Sunni killing Shiites is really going to please God. The God of terrorists must be an Idol because only a god who is an idol, and those who represent him are idolatrous can be so blind and stupid to think that terrorism will lead to anything good for the people that worship him and for humanity.
The people who plan these acts of terror and send the terrorists to kill and be killed are really the criminals and the arch terrorists.
We must all pray very seriously for the World and for the whole Middle East and for Muslims. If we consider the Arabs and “Palestinians” as our enemies we are commanded by Yeshua to pray for them. How shall we pray for them?
1. Pray that the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, will open their eyes and that they can see through the veil of deception and lies that unscrupulous leaders are presenting them and return back to a pure faith in the Creator who so loved the World that He sent His Only Begotten Son, not to kill people but the save them by His own death and resurrection.
2. Pray that God will expose the deception of hate in the name of Allah and reveal His love for all mankind.
3. Pray for the families of the potential terrorists to have the wisdom and power to stop their family members from killing others and killing themselves. Pray that these terrorists will understand the great consequences of their action to their own community and the grief that they bring to their families. Yes, even if their families dance and give sweet coffee and candy to their guest because their child has become a “shahid” (martyr) the truth is that the grief and emptiness and the orphans and widows that these terrorist leave behind will still suffer.
4. Pray for those silent fighters and the forces that protect us against terrorism to have revelation of the Holy Spirit to find the terrorists before they succeed to carry out their evil intent and stop them.
These are important prayers because as I am writing this prayer list – there are many thousands of Islamic terrorists filtering into Europe and the United States, and even into Asia and South America with the desire and potential to create havoc with terrorist acts against peaceful and civilian population. It is no accident that 99.999% of all terrorist acts in the world have been and are carried out by Islamic radical Jihadists, mujahidin.
I am also glad to report to you all that there are positive forces of peace and sanity in the Islamic World and in the Arab countries. There are Muslims who are also praying these same prayers that I mentioned above. They have high moral values and see the Islamic terrorists as an affront to Allah and to Islam and as an embarrassment to their faith. We must pray for these positive forces that are seeking peace and sanity and good relationship with other peace seeking Jews and Christians. Please don’t forget to pray for these positive Muslims who are partners for peace and coexistence.
Pray for Marcia and me. We are on the road in Finland until Monday morning. On Monday we are traveling again to California. It is a long trip and we need God’s grace in our travels.
Pray for Danah our daughter. She is returning slowly to work, but with many restrictions and things that she is forbidden to do for at least six months. She needs your prayers for health, and wisdom and for just about any blessings that God wants to bless her.
Pray for Noaam our granddaughter. She is on a cross-country trip with her father. It is a long trip by car. I pray for their safety and they enjoyment of the beautiful land and nature.
Please pray for our dear brother Isaac Kugler, who has undergone serious surgery in the Hadassah hospital in Jerusalem. Pray also for Barbara his wife who is alone at home. A speedy recovery for Isaac and good results from the biopsy would be such a blessing to this fine and faithful couple.
Zvi L., is still in the Hadassah Hospital and still in isolation and in the ICU. Our dear brother Zvi L., and Sara his wife have been going through very hard times with their health. Yes, it is true that they are old, but it is also true that there is no limit to God’s grace and healing power. Please pray for strength and for healing for Zvi and Sara.
Please pray for the Roeh Israel Congregation in Jerusalem. The young leadership of the Roeh Israel Congregation and of the Netivyah Bible Instruction Ministry is truly wonderful and capable and talented. They all and we all need special measure of wisdom and God’s grace to be able to lead and bless and train and bring the Good News in the heart of Jerusalem.
Pray for the victims of the Tel-Aviv terror attack and for their families and for the wounded. May God have mercy on all of Israel and also on our Arab neighbours and heal the sick and the wounded physically and also heal the foolishness and futility of those who think that terrorism and hate will bring a solution to their problems.
Pray for the government and security forces of Israel and of the Arab countries around Israel, like Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, and even Syria and Iraq, to have wisdom and understanding and the power and resolve to stop terrorism in their own countries. Pray especially for Israel’s security forces to know before these acts where and who is behind them.
Pray for our brothers and sisters around the world who need God’s grace in healing, in their business, and in their family relationships.
Pray for the ministries who stand with us and with Israel ask God to bless them all and each one for their specific needs: KIBI, North Boulevard in Murfreesboro, Dream Blue, Roger W. and his business, Larry Huch and NewBeginnings, Israel Apu, Prayer for Israel in Germany, Bridge between Japan and Zion, SKK, NewLife, Har Zion Congregation, and Teaching from Zion Ministry, and brothers from the Philippines. Of course every brother and sister from the World over, that prays for us and shares his or her blessing with us in Jerusalem so that we can do the Work of The Lord. There are so many people who have blessed us and have shared with us God’s blessings that I can’t mention every one by name. God does not forget the good deeds and blessings that you bless Zion and Jerusalem. I have probably forgotten some organisations and some whom I ought to have mentioned. Please forgive me and remind me.
Here is the list of the sick and needy those are in need of our prayers for healing and God’s blessings:
In Jerusalem: Tatiana, Sara L., Zvi D., Ahuva, Ilana, Leah, Marcia, Hannah, David S., Naomi, Sarit, Naomi, and Miriam.
In Finland: Tim Tucker, and especially Anna who is also 90 years old and very sick, Anne-Mirijami, Satu-Maria, Anna-Majia, Sinni Tuuli, Erki and Sirpa, and Evelina.
In Brazil: Marcelo’s father and mother, Paulo, Clara, and the spiritually sick women and men who knew the truth and chose to believe lies.
In the USA: Ruby, and Barry my son, Danah, and Liz in Georgia, and Horace and June Marcia’s parents.
We pray for the following dear brothers and sisters: Pastor Curita in Tokyo, Toru San, and the husband of Yumi, Sadako San, Shoko San, Takeo Sensei and Tomoko San all in Japan.
We have brothers and sisters who are not physically sick, but they need the hand of God’s blessing on their lives: Michael Knezevich in Portland, Raymond and his family and his company, Laurel S., and please add to this prayer all those people whom you know and ask the Mighty God of Israel and Yeshua our Messiah to show their mercy and grace on these fine disciples of Yeshua.
God bless you all and keep His promises to you who pray for the Peace of Jerusalem and for Netivyah Bible Instruction Ministry and for the Roeh Israel Congregation.