We are in the middle of the Passover Holiday – in the Bible only the first day of the Feast is called “Passover” the rest of the 7 days of the Feast is called “The Feast of the Unleavened Bread.” The Exodus from Egypt is the main model of salvation and redemption and deliverance throughout the whole biblical history. In fact everything that we do as Jews and as Jewish Disciples of Yeshua the Messiah is somehow related to the Exodus. On Friday night when we do the blessing of the “wine” and bread, the Kiddush, we do it in memory of two of events, the Creation of the World and the Exodus from Egypt. It is a key to understanding the New Testament to understand the centrality of Passover and the Exodus from Egypt. The Passover is the reason why John the Baptizer calls Yeshua “The Lamb of God.” This is also the reason why the Book of Revelation calls the victorious Messiah “The Lamb,” and the masses of people dressed in white will be singing the “Song of Moses” (Exodus 15) and “The Song of the Lamb.”
You need to work on understanding the words of the Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 5:6-8, “Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us. 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.”
What do you think the Apostle Paul meant when he wrote to that Congregation that contained both Jews and non-Jews when he wrote: “Therefore let us keep the feast.”
I have some special prayer requests this week.
1. Please pray for my son Barry. He is now in the hospital with serious infection in his stomach. He is suffering from Diverticulitis that flares up often and infects. Please pray for his physical wellbeing and for wisdom to do what is necessary to resolve this problem, either by a miracle from God or by God’s provision of good doctors and medication.
2. Please pray for our dear brother Zvi L., who is in the hospital with some very serious issues – Zvi is 90 years old and he needs the Mercy of the Lord. Sara Zvi’s wife is very near 90 years old and she also needs our prayers and so do their children.
3. We have a very dear friend who is going for surgery in Israel next Monday. This dear friend is a man of great importance and I ask you to lift him up in your prayers. Pray for Morton Salt! (This is not a joke – it is serious as serious can be.)
4. Pray for Danah our daughter who is also going to have surgery in the middle of May.
5. Pray for the following people who need your prayers for healing of their bodies and for their lives:
6. Zvi D., David S, Sarit C., Sara L., Tania, Ludmila, Luda, Miriam, Marcia my wife, Martha S., Dotti a dear friend of all the Jewish Disciples of Yeshua in this land of Israel.
7. In Holland Ger L., who is suffering from very serious cancer and needs a touch from God’s merciful hand for a healing miracle.
8. Pray for Anna in Finland she is back in the hospital again with pneumonia. She is also near to ninety years old. Pray also for her daughters and granddaughters: Anne-Mirjami and Sato-Maria, Evelyn and Sini-Tulli.
9. In Brazil please continue to pray for Paulo. Also, please don’t forget to add Maria (Marcelo’s mother) and his father in your prayers.
10. In the United States we keep on praying for our dear sister Ruby in Oklahoma, Michael Knezevich in Portland. Pray for our dear sister Liz in Georgia, and for Mike in California. Also please don’t forget to pray for Marcia’s father and mother in East Tennessee also need your prayers.
11. In Finland also pray for Anna-Majia, and Tim Tucker.
12. Lift up Raymond and his family and his work in Singapore.
13. We pray for the following dear brothers and sisters: Pastor Curita in Tokyo, and the husband of Yumi, Sadako San, Shoko San, Takeo Sensei and Tomoko San, and Toru San, all in Japan.
Israel is again under attack by the United Nations. The hypocrisy of this organization concerning all things that concern Israel makes them like Ph.D.’s in comparison to some of the Pharisees of Yeshua’s time who are like little babies in dippers next to the United Nations.
Israel is in need of your prayers for every parameter of its existence. The BDS is continuing to work and black-mark Israel and boycott Israeli products and scientist from academic institutions in the West. I pray for Israel and the leadership of this great country to put it’s trust on the Lord God Almighty rather than lean on “Egypt – Rome” or any other worldly empire. Only He the Almighty One of Israel will deliver us from the forces of darkness, hate of humanity, and those who celebrate death. We shall continue to celebrate life and choose Life over death every day. This is not only true about our own lives and the lives of our children, but also the lives of our enemies who seek our demise.
Please pray for the Israeli authorities and government to have the wisdom and foresight and open the gates of Israel wide for Aliyah (immigration to Israel) of the Anussim and all those who want to join their future with the land of Israel and the Jewish people.
Pray for me too! I will, the Lord willing, travel to Turkey next week for two weeks. I did this with the group from Lipscomb University in March and now one more time the same trip with some dear brothers from Hong Kong, China, and Taiwan.
God bless you who stand for His Glory and Truth and pray for Jerusalem and for Israel and for Netivyah and the Roeh Israel Congregation, and for the Food Distribution Program, and Kol HaYeshua Radio, the publications and teaching and all the other good programs and help that Netivyah is serving the people of Israel and the Disciples of Yeshua.
May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His Face to shine upon you and give you peace.